Humana reports third quarter and nine-month 2021 results
The good development continued in the third quarter
Third quarter, July–September 2021
- Operating revenue was SEK 2,034 million (1,931), an increase of 5.3 percent. Organic growth was 3.0 percent.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 192m (172), an increase of 11.5 percent.
- Net profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 123m (109).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share for the period amounted to SEK 2.55 (2.05).
- Operating cash flow amounted to SEK 180m (146).
Nine-month period, January–September 2021
- Operating revenue was SEK 6,078m (5,849), an increase of 3.9 percent. Organic growth was 2.9 percent.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 411m (370), an increase of 11.0 percent. Capital gain on sale of properties of SEK 17m is included in the comparison period. Adjusted operating profit was SEK 411m (353), an increase of 16.4 percent.
- Net profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 243m (212).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share for the period amounted to SEK 4.99 (3.99).
- Operating cash flow amounted to SEK 627m (463).
Significant events in and after the end of the quarter
- The Board of Humana appointed Johanna Rastad as the new President and CEO of Humana AB to succeed the outgoing President and CEO Rasmus Nerman. She will take office on 17 December 2021. Johanna Rastad is currently Business Area Manager Individual & Family and has been part of Group Management for nearly three years.
- Humana acquired the care company Fideli Omsorg AB. The company’s full-year revenues are approximately SEK 73m and it has 160 employees.
- After the end of the quarter, in October, Humana acquired Balans Behandling AB, a company that Humana entered an agreement to acquire in the second quarter of 2021. The full-year revenues are approximately SEK 60m and it has around 20 employees.
- After the end of the quarter, in November, Humana acquired the assistance company Enigheten Personlig assistans AB with full-year revenues amounting to approximately SEK 50m and approximately 150 employees.
President and CEO Rasmus Nerman comments on the quarter:
"Humana is continuing in the right direction with stable organic growth, strong operating profit and an operating margin approaching the financial target. The gradual opening of the society in the third quarter has helped to increase demand and occupancy rates in the Nordic region. The third quarter can also be summed up with another unit opening in elderly care and an attractive acquisition in individual and family."
Read the full comment in the report.
A web-based teleconference will be held on 11 November 2021 at 09:00 CET at which President and CEO Rasmus Nerman and CFO Noora Jayasekara will present the report and answer questions. To participate, call:
SE: +46 8 5055 8354
UK: +44 33 3300 9268
US: +1 646 722 4902
This information is information that Humana AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below on 11 November 2021 at 08:00 CET.
For more information, please contact:
Humana is a leading Nordic care company providing services within individual and family care, personal assistance, elderly care and special service housing in accordance with LSS. Humana has 16,000 employees in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark providing care for 9,000 individuals and working to achieve the vision “Everyone is entitled to a good life”. In 2020, Humana’s operating revenue was SEK 7,797m. Humana is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and the company’s headquarters are located in Stockholm. Read more about Humana on: https://www.humanagroup.com/