Humana reports first quarter 2021 results
Continued good progress
First quarter, January–March 2021
- Operating revenue was SEK 1,986m (1,938), an increase of 2%. Organic growth was 2.4%.
- Operating profit was SEK 112m (98), an increase of 14%.
- Net profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 63m (53).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share for the period amounted to SEK 1.27 (1.00).
- Operating cash flow amounted to SEK 197m (95).
Significant events in and after the end of the quarter
- In February, Humana acquired the Swedish individual and family company Team J-son. Team J-son’s annual revenue is approximately SEK 90m and the company has about 120 employees.
- In February and March 2021, Humana repurchased 2,357,348 shares at a cost of SEK 159m, corresponding to an average price of SEK 67.51 per share. Subsequently, the company’s total own shareholding amounts to 5,017,059 shares, which is 9.44 percent of the total number of outstanding shares and votes.
- Humana’s Board proposes to the 2021 AGM, to be held on 11 May, that no dividend be paid for the 2020 financial year.
President and CEO Rasmus Nerman comments on the quarter:
"The first quarter of the year was a stable one. We see a clear and positive effect from the vaccinations, which have improved our operational situation. The Humana Group continued to grow organically. Profitability was good with increased operating profit in four out of five business areas and our cash flow was strong."
Read the full comment in the report.
A web-based teleconference will be held on 6 May 2021 at 09:00 CET at which President and CEO Rasmus Nerman and CFO Noora Jayasekara will present the report and answer questions. To participate, call:
SE: +46 8 5664 2693
UK: +44 33 3300 9260
US: +1 844 625 1570
This information is information that Humana AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below, on 6 May 2021 at 08:00 CET.
For more information, please contact:
Humana is a leading Nordic care company providing services within individual and family care, personal assistance, elderly care and special service housing in accordance with LSS. Humana has 16,000 employees in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark providing care for 9,000 individuals and working to achieve the vision “Everyone is entitled to a good life”. In 2020, Humana’s operating revenue was SEK 7,797m. Humana is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and the company’s headquarters are located in Stockholm. Read more about Humana on: http://humanagroup.com/