Humana reports third quarter results 2018
A strong quarter with better profitability and increased growth
Third quarter July-September 2018 in brief:
- Operating revenue was SEK 1 677 M (1 613), an increase of 4%. Adjusted for the divested home care service business, which contributed to revenue last year, revenue increased by 7 %.
- Operating profit was SEK 151 M (SEK 110 M incl. SEK 14 M in capital loss), an increase of 37 % or SEK 41 M.
- Net profit after tax for the period was SEK 102 M (71).
- Earnings per share for the period before and after dilution were SEK 1.92 (1.34).
- Operating cash flow was SEK 35 M (-41).
Interim period January-September 2018 in brief:
- Operating revenue amounted to SEK 5 022 M (4 940), an increase of 2 % compared with last year. Adjusted for the divested home care service business, which contributed last year, revenue increased by 6 %.
- Operating profit was SEK 310 M (250), an increase of 24 %.
- Net profit after tax for the period was SEK 194 M (160), an increase of 21 %.
- Earnings per share for the period before and after dilution were SEK 3.65 SEK (3.01).
- Operating cash flow was SEK 148 M (-14).
Significant events during the third quarter and after end of the period
- In the third quarter, Humana took a first step into Denmark through the acquisition of StøtteCompagniet ApS, a small company specialising in outpatient individual and family care.
- After the end of the quarter we acquired assistance company RIK Assistans in Härnösand.
President and CEO Rasmus Nerman comments on the quarter:
”As we summarise the third quarter of 2018, I can note that we are starting to achieve good organic growth, our operating profit is increasing, and we are strengthening our financial position. The quarter also saw us taking our first step into the interesting care market in Denmark”, Rasmus Nerman said.
"Humana’s position today is stable. We are more efficient, we are growing, and we have strengthened our finances. All in all, this means that we intend to be notably more active going forward. We are well positioned for future growth, both organically and through bolt-on acquisitions”, Rasmus Nerman said.
A conference call will be held 16 November at 09:00 CET, at which President and CEO Rasmus Nerman and CFO Ulf Bonnevier will present the report and answer questions. To participate, call:
SE: +46 8 566 426 98
UK: +44 203 008 98 09
USA: +1 855 831 59 47
This information is information that Humana AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below, at 08:00 CET on 16 November 2018.
Humana är ett ledande nordiskt omsorgsföretag som erbjuder tjänster inom individ- och familjeomsorg, personlig assistans, äldreomsorg och bostäder med särskild service enligt LSS. Humana har cirka 15 000 engagerade medarbetare i Sverige, Norge, Finland och Danmark som utför omsorgstjänster till över 7 000 människor. Vi arbetar efter visionen ”Alla har rätt till ett bra liv”. 2017 uppgick rörelseintäkterna till 6 557 MSEK. Humana är börsnoterat på Nasdaq Stockholm sedan 2016 och har huvudkontor i Stockholm.