Year-end report 2021
Temporarily weaker result in the fourth quarter rounded off a stable 2021
Fourth quarter, October–December 2021
- Operating revenue was SEK 2,110 million (1,948), an increase of 8 percent. Organic growth was 3.4 percent.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 82m (101), a decline of 18 percent. Adjusted operating profit was SEK 85m (101), a decline of 16 percent.
- Net profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 33m (49).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share for the period amounted to SEK 0.68 (0.94).
- Operating cash flow amounted to SEK 157m (296).
Full year, January–December 2021
- Operating revenue was SEK 8,188m (7,797), an increase of 5 percent. Organic growth was 3.1 percent.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 493m (471), an increase of 5 percent. Adjusted operating profit was SEK 495m (453), an increase of 9 percent.
- Net profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 276m (262).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share for the period amounted to SEK 5.67 (4.94).
- Operating cash flow amounted to SEK 785m (779).
Significant events in and after the end of the quarter
- The acquisition of Balans Behandling AB was completed in October after Humana entered into an agreement to acquire the company in the second quarter of 2021. The business comprises enhanced foster care, outpatient care with an assisted living home and a treatment home. The company’s annual revenue is approximately SEK 60m and has around 20 employees.
- In November, Humana acquired the assistance company Enigheten Personlig assistans AB with an annual revenue of approximately SEK 50m and around 150 employees.
- On 17 December, Johanna Rastad took over as the new President and CEO of Humana AB, succeeding Rasmus Nerman who had been President and CEO since 2015.
- After the end of the quarter, Humana acquired the Finnish individual and family care company Kalliola Oy, which provides individual and family care to children and youths, accommodation and outpatient care in southern Finland. The company’s annual revenue is approximately EUR 9m, corresponding to SEK 93m, and has around 190 employees.
- Humana’s Board proposes to the 2022 AGM that no dividend be paid for the 2021 financial year and that any profits be carried forward.
President and CEO Johanna Rastad comments on the quarter:
”The Humana Group reported strong growth during the fourth quarter and the overall underlying operations were positive. Operating profit, on the other hand, was weak. A large part of the decline in profit was linked to the Individual & Family operations, in which we completed a major adaptation and quality assurance initiative that involves adapting ourselves to increasingly challenging needs across society. The effects of the pandemic also weighed down profit during the quarter. The full year 2021 can be summarised financially as solid, with stable growth (5 percent), profitability (6 percent) and debt (4.6x EBITDA). We are close to our financial targets, but we have more work to do to fully achieve them.”
Read the full comment in the report.
A web-based teleconference will be held on 10 February 2022 at 09:00 CET at which President and CEO Johanna Rastad and CFO Noora Jayasekara will present the report and answer questions. To participate, call:
SE: +46 8 5055 8357
UK: +44 33 3300 9265
US: +1 63 1913 1422 (For US also use code: 67832648#)
This information is information that Humana AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below on 10 February 2022 at 08:00 CET.
For more information, please contact:
Humana är ett ledande nordiskt omsorgsföretag som erbjuder tjänster inom individ- och familjeomsorg, personlig assistans, äldreomsorg och bostäder med särskild service enligt LSS. Humana har 18 000 engagerade medarbetare i Sverige, Norge, Finland och Danmark som utför omsorgstjänster till 9 000 människor. Vi arbetar efter visionen ”Alla har rätt till ett bra liv”. 2021 uppgick rörelseintäkterna till 8 188 Mkr. Humana är börsnoterat på Nasdaq Stockholm och har huvudkontor i Stockholm. Läs mer om Humana på https://www.humanagroup.se/