Interim report Q2 2021
A stable second quarter
Second quarter, April–June 2021
- Operating revenue was SEK 2,058m (1,980), an increase of 4.0 percent. Organic growth was 3.4 percent.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 107m (100), an increase of 6.6 percent. Capital gain on sale of properties of SEK 17m is included in the comparison period. Adjusted operating profit was SEK 107m (83), an increase of 28.4 percent.
- Net profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 57m (50).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share for the period amounted to SEK 1.18 (0.94).
- Operating cash flow amounted to SEK 251m (221).
Six-month period, January–June 2021
- Operating revenue was SEK 4,044m (3,918), an increase of 3.2 percent. Organic growth was 2.9 percent.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 219m (198), an increase of 10.6 percent. Capital gain on sale of properties of SEK 17m is included in the comparison period. Adjusted operating profit was SEK 219m (181), an increase of 21 percent.
- Net profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 120m (103).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share for the period amounted to SEK 2.45 (1.94).
- Operating cash flow amounted to SEK 448m (317).
Significant events in and after the end of the quarter
- During the quarter, Humana signed a contract to acquire all shares in individual and family company Balans Behandling AB. The transfer of the operation will occur in the fourth quarter of 2021. The business, with head office in Luleå, will then be part of Humana’s Individual & Family business area. The company’s annual revenue is approximately SEK 60m and it has around 20 employees.
- After the end of the quarter, Humana entered a new financing agreement with four banks – SEB, DNB, Swedbank and Svensk Exportkredit – for SEK 3bn with an option for an additional SEK 1bn. The new agreement has a three-year term with two extension options of one year each.
- Humana's President and CEO Rasmus Nerman has, on August 11, informed the Board that he will leave the company, as he has accepted the role of President and CEO of Apoteket AB. The Board has started the process of recruiting his successor.
President and CEO Rasmus Nerman comments on the quarter:
"Humana had focus on elderly care in the second quarter with several new openings. Financially, the second quarter and the half-year were very stable and Humana continues to grow organically."
Read the full comment in the report.
A web-based teleconference will be held on 20 August 2021 at 09:00 CET at which President and CEO Rasmus Nerman and CFO Noora Jayasekara will present the report and answer questions. To participate, call:
SE: +46 8 5664 2693
UK: +44 33 3300 9272
US: +1 646 722 4902
This information is information that Humana AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Security Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below, on 20 August 2021 at 08:00 CET.
For more information, please contact:
Humana is a leading Nordic care company providing services within individual and family care, personal assistance, elderly care and special service housing in accordance with LSS. Humana has 16,000 employees in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark providing care for 9,000 individuals and working to achieve the vision “Everyone is entitled to a good life”. In 2020, Humana’s operating revenue was SEK 7,797m. Humana is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and the company’s headquarters are located in Stockholm. Read more about Humana on: https://www.humanagroup.com/